Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Never alone time and always needed

This blog is my first and not surprising because of how little free time I have. I am a mother of two awesome boys ages two and four.  They are a lot of fun, but they are also a pain at times.
This is a venting blog, because I am at the end of my short rope of patience today.
Right now it is "nap time". There isn't usually any real napping going on. I can hear them getting out of bed, talking to themselves and every once in awhile I hear "can I come down now" (after 5 min I don't think so). Now my 4 year old just has to have a "rest time" for about an hour and he knows he can read and play quietly, but if I hear him jumping around or yelling his time is longer. There have been times he has stayed up there for 3 hours only because I want to get my point across that I am the boss (I hope it is working). My two year old is hit and miss with nap time.  We are working on potty training too, so it is a nightmare.  He has figured out that all he has to do to get me to come running is say "I have to go potty".  Lets just say I can't wait until the diapers are a thing of the past.
Even the worst day I have with the boys is worth it when they come up to me unexpectedly and say "mommy I love you" and give me a hug. I Love It!
Any similar experiences or stories? I would love to compare notes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, I'm almost where you are at now with a 4 year old and a 10 month old...most days, I find myself wondering when I got dressed because I can't remember when I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you ana! I woke up this morning with a 4 year old standing 2 inches away from my face. The moment I opened my eyes he said "can I have a snack mommy." Wow! The day hasn't even begun.
    I miss being able to primp a little before I go somewhere. When I do spend time getting ready Kyle says "what are you getting all dressed up for?". :)

    ReplyDelete