Friday, August 19, 2011

How many times

My boys at times have a hard time listening.  I have gotten tired of saying the same thing over and over again so when they decide not to listen the first time, they get a time out or they get to spend some time in their rooms.  Each time they don't listen I ask them, "how many times should I have to tell you?"  Their response is usually "once."
Well, today Carter decided to stand on the toy box to get a book from the bookshelf.  When I saw him standing there trying to decide on the right book, I said "Carter get down, we don't stand on the toy box."  He was told three more times (each time I got more stern with my voice, which obviously didn't help) before I went over and took him down off the toy box.  Then I said "how many times do I have to tell you to get down."  Without missing a beat he says "three."  I was laughing on the inside when I told him that I should only have to tell him once.

No comments:

Post a Comment