Sunday, August 7, 2011

Where does the dreaming go?

We have had a lot of talk about dreams and aspirations at our house lately.  This morning my four year old Alex said "I had a dream I was superman".  To which I said "could you fly"?  "Of course, I was superman" was his response.  He went on in great detail about how he could shoot lasers and where he flew. The entire time I was listening I kept thinking, "my dreams are never that vivid".
Later in the day we were just going into church when Alex says "you know what I'm gonna have when I am older, a house and kids".  He said it with such confidence, and there wasn't a doubt in his mind that he couldn't do it.  I love hearing those random comments, because it makes me feel confident about the future instead of approaching opportunities with hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment