Thursday, August 11, 2011

"I don't want to go all the time"

I am working on potty training my 2 year old Carter and it has been a challenge.  Although this week he has really gotten the hang of it.  We have been doing a sticker chart and treats when he goes on the potty.  He loves getting a treat and Alex loves it when he goes, because to keep things fair he gets a treat too.  When they are having their treat Alex always says "I am so proud of you Carter" (proud that he went so he can enjoy a treat too....smart boy).
I have also been trying to get Carter to go a lot so he doesn't have to go potty every few minutes.  I have been saying "go til you are empty", and then we he tells me he is empty I say that he needs to do that every time and to use the potty every time.  So the times when he doesn't want to try he looks at me and says "I just did pee and poop on the potty, I don't want to go all the time".  He gets that stubbornness from Kyle :)
We have gotten him big boy underwear and it has been awesome!  He loves his Mickey Mouse underwear, it makes him feel so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment